Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Un-expectations

I've been thinking today about unexpected gifts.
How what some deemed a big driving mess meant my husband got to stay home for a day of fun.
How a baby throwing up in my bed during the wee morning hours meant crisp and fresh sheets to sleep in tonight.
How getting school and violin done first thing this morning meant time for
snow adventures and chili and cinnamon rolls and
(starting a new read-aloud--I always forget how much I love these books!)
How a baby under-the-weather meant lots of sleepy snuggles and long naps.

Technically it was a Monday. A snowy one, intermixed with vomit, 2 loads of dishes (and counting), 4 loads of laundry (and counting), lingering weekend messes, and snow clothes x4.  It would be so easy to dwell on that. Last night I went to bed with a sense of dread, knowing I hadn't made the most of my weekend and consequently would be staring "down-the-barrel" of a really messy house come morning. But instead, I see a gracious God, working out little details, and I come away feeling blessed for such a wonderful day. 
I must say it always makes me sad to see (particularly on F.book) the grumbling, the complaining . . .
It's true you know, there's always, always, always!!!
something to be thankful for.

Praise for a gorgeous snowy day where I remained tucked inside my cozy--and somewhat cleaner--home, eating gooey cinnamon rolls and reading some Laura whilst cuddling a wee boy with flushed cheeks and frizzed curls to my heart's content. 
It was a perfect day.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

What a blessing to see your beautiful attitude about your day!

Here's to another day of looking for the Lord's blessings!

another snow day for Josh, too???.....let *him* handle all the snow gear today! :)

Anna said...

Oh, I'm smiling at your beautiful perfect day and even more at your godly attitude..and love the thought of your curly-haired guy passed out in his loving mama's arms. ;)