Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 3

"Tin Can Lanterns"
This morning was the GROCERY SHOPPING EXTRAVAGANZA. As all 7 of us (and our 3 carts) pulled into the check-out lane the checker exclaims "I remember all of you from your last trip!  And I remember Emmett because you kept saying 'Emmett come here, Emmett . . .' just like you are now."  *smile* How lovely to be known for buying insane amounts of groceries at one time and a wayward little boy.
Since the morning was dedicated to shopping for and then putting away the aforementioned groceries, and mid-afternoon was dedicated to getting Isabella to the doctor to diagnose her bulging (and infected) ear drum--2nd trip in four days--we didn't get around to our activity until nearly supper time. But that worked out okay because we could 'ooh' and 'ah' over the glow of our lanterns while we chowed down on spaghetti. ;o)
And I finished up a little project of my own today: 

I found the patterns here and really loved the little woodland theme.  Next up is the cute cottage (that one might take me a bit more time).
  And here's the tree--can you find the deer? Kind of like "Where's Waldo?" (only it's a deer) ;o)
P.S. It's a good thing I snapped this photo this afternoon, as of this evening the bottom 1-2 feet is unlit--due to a certain wayward boy who pulled out a myriad of light bulbs and proceeded to lose them. 
I must admit that a certain mama was not too pleased.

1 comment:

Anna said...

The gingerbread day looks like a hit, and your tree looks beautiful! I *LOVE* your deer ornament! I have some plans too for some felt ornament-making...beautiful lanterns, love all these great ideas.

..hope that ear gets better soon!!