Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 2

"Gingerbread Day"
After finishing up schoolwork for the day we pulled out Jan Brett's Gingerbread Baby and made some spicy smelling play-dough.  The kids got right to work creating a little army. ;o) I LOVE Jan Brett's books--especially the ones that have a more wintry theme and Scandinavian inspired drawings. (The Mitten is another favorite around here).  Her website also has wonderful pictures to color in (I even found a make-your-own-gingerbread house with all the cut-outs of candy--if a sugar-laden one was not up you alley.  Scroll down the page if you're interested in that). ;o)
We're finishing off our afternoon with gingerbread muffins slathered in lemon curd and a spiced tea--my kind of snack. Mmmmmmm!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

My kind of snack too.......I'm comin over. :) I bet that playdough smelled yummy. Did anyone taste it? ;)

I *LOVE* Jan Brett. The Mitten is one of my absolute favorites and one of the few children's books that I "had" to have in hard back.