Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 14

"Paint and Glitter Salt Dough Snowflake Ornaments"
Ack. I know, more glitter.  Goodness it is everywhere at this point . . . and I have to even wonder how much we may have ingested since we do most of these crafts in the kitchen area . . . However, the salt dough was really fun to work with, it's kind of like a stiff gritty play dough.  These got baked at 300 degrees for roughly an hour, we let them cool and then painted/glittered them.  I rolled a few little balls into a snowman and baked that too.  It turned out pretty cute.  The salt dough brought back fun memories for me--we had a little salt dough teddy bear ornament on our family tree growing up and I remember my sister Lynsi licking it every year. ;o) It was--for lack of another word--salty. ;o)
~~~
Other news on the home front--Isabella finished a little 6 week session of gymnastics (yes, we finally caved) and graduated to the next level.  Unfortunately she'll have to wait until summer because they only offer one class and that interferes with all of our Wednesday night activities. Maybe she'll have lost interest come summer? ;o) 
--Marissa finished her first cross stitch project:
--And tonight we're having breakfast supper.  Mainly because I had originally planned a more complicated meal and didn't get it started in time and also, I just so happened to bake cranberry muffins today which would go nicely with some scrambled eggs.  Or a breakfast burrito.  And some orange julius. 
Oh, and I heard the new Trader Joe's in town sells refrigerated hollandaise sauce.  Does anyone know if it is any good?  I think I would enjoy having Eggs Benedict on a more regular basis (without having to make a sauce). ;o)

3 comments:

Anna said...

Oh, these are so pretty!! Just beautiful, and perfect for your sparkly white/creams around. :) And the cross stitch is so cute, she did a great job!

...and I've decided to embrace glitter as part of my Christmas decor..sparkly carpet, floors, kids.

Kathryn said...

You get many, many jewels in your crown for allowing your children to experience the joys of glitter!!

I had to laugh when I read your comment about Lynsi licking the ornament! That's hilarious!

Mom said...

I'm so glad you have an excellent memory 'cuz I've forgotten a lot of the "precious' things you 4 did!! Thanks for reminding me about Lynsi.
Tell Marissa her tree turned out wonderful. Now, that does remind me of one you may have done as a child!