Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

This week--

Jackson--

Sunday--threw a huge fit because I wouldn't let him wear a three-piece suit for the 2nd week in a row.
Monday--appeared with a ridiculous amount of band-aids on his shin, when questioned he told me he had been shaving.  Upon further inspection I discovered the hair still intact but about a 1 1/2 inch long piece of skin missing.  And at sometime during the night he decided to remove his pull-up (he's about 60/40 with staying dry). Of course! We all know how that worked out . . .
Tuesday--absolutely destroyed whatever progress I had made in laundry by overturning baskets, emptying drawers, etc. in search of the only shirt that would do.
Wednesday--attended Awana with three perfectly painted aqua blue nails--of his own doing.
Thursday--absolutely destroyed whatever progress I had made in laundry by overturning baskets, emptying drawers, etc in search of the only shirt that would do.  Came and showed me his new method of nighttime dryness, a bright blue band aid around his . . . yeah, you guessed it.

Mixed in with all of these escapades is the usual tormenting of family members and constant marching to his own beat and time frame (which usually means whatever he needs he needs NOW!).  I'm tired.  We decided to try a session of "homeschool gym" at the YMCA, hoping to funnel all this energy into something useful.  It had better pay off.  Otherwise I foresee a very long winter ahead of me.  I was thinking how he had grown up a lot--and he has--it's just the boy who used to draw on walls and such is now a boy who gets screwdrivers and unscrews toys to replace batteries (and you know, most often I've let those batteries be dead for a reason). ;o) Will it ever get easier?

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Bless. Your. Heart.

I don't know if it ever gets easier but I *do know* the God who promises to always give the grace needed for the moment!

Hugs!

Anna said...

Oh no! I'm laughing so hard, but at the same time feel some *real* pity for you, sweet dear! Hang in there, I'm praying this week is much better for you. :)