Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Book List

Several people have asked for my Christmas book list, so here it is! ;o) Many of the books you can only buy used now, but if you go that route you can get a pretty good deal!

#1 The Legend of the Candy Cane by Lori Walburg
#2 The Crippled Lamb by Max Lucado
#3 The Legend of the Christmas Tree by Rick Osborne
#4 Until the Christ Child Came by Dandi Daley Mackall (probably my least favorite of the lot)
#5 Silent Night illustrated by Susan Jeffers
#6 'Twas the Night (The Nativity Story) by Melody Carlson
#7 The Shepherd's Christmas Story by Dandi Daley Mackall
#8 A Glorious Angel Show by Dandi Daley Mackall
#9 The Christmas Miracle of Johnathan Toomey by Susan Wojciechowski
#10 Fear Not, Joseph! by Julie Stiegemeyer
#11 The Wonder of Christmas by Dandi Daley Mackall
#12 Christ is Born by Layne Haacke (this year's book)

Also, we have a book that my mom gave me one year called The Sweetest Story Ever Told by Lysa Terkeurst, which we love.  It's about making/decorating cookies to tell the story of Jesus birth.  I definitely recommend getting this one--you can only get it used now, but starting at $0.01 that's a steal of a deal, even if you have to pay shipping. ;o)  Another great place to check for used books is Better World Books.  They have free shipping on every purchase you make!

And a few other books that have peaked my interest and I have saved on my "wish list"--
Christmas in the Trenches by John McCutcheon (it's a departure from my usual theme, but it looks like a good story)
The Gift of the Christmas Cookie: Sharing the True Meaning of Jesus' Birth by Dandi Daley Mackall

(And should you happen to make an Amazon purchase, I would love for you to "enter" Amazon through my revolving book list on the left sidebar of my blog.  For every purchase made as a result of that "click-through" I get a very small percentage . . . as in this year I've managed to earn about $0.70. ;o)  Once I can get that up to $10 they will issue me a gift card.  Obviously, no pressure, but if you felt so inclined, I DO so enjoy the occasional free book). ;o)

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hooray for good books! Thanks for the info, I'm excited to start more of a collection this year and will definately add to it in coming years! Great picks.