Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Swagbucks Revisited

I just had to tell you how this whole Swag*bucks thing is working out for me--just in case you thought it sounded too good to be true. ;o)  In a month in a half, between Josh and I, we have accumulated for ourselves $55 in Amazon gift cards, all for doing NOTHING!  Josh used my little sign up link for his own account on his laptop, and whenever he searches and gets awarded I get awarded too (which means I'm earning double each day).  You can type in the gift card codes on Amazon and it stores your credit indefinitely until it gets used.  Now originally I was planning on using this towards Christmas shopping--what can't you get from Amazon?  But now there is another plan.  My little point and shoot camera is starting to "go."  It's still working but I'm not sure for how much longer.  I've been wanting a DSLR camera for awhile now--it's just not one of those items that you *need* hence there has been no budget for it.  But now!! I just need about 90 more $5 gift cards and I'll be good to go. ;o) Hopefully next summer sometime? (and hopefully the other camera makes it that long?!)  So, it's a long-term goal, but at least something to look forward to! ;o)  What would you save your "free money" for?

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

this sounds *very* intriguing. Thanks for the update on how it's going for you. You would love a DSLR!!!

Keeslermom said...

You are doing way better than me! I only have a few gift cards, and I've been at it for months! I need to use it more, I guess.

Anna said...

Yay for you! I'm always so impressed at your thrifty ways, way to go. And hmmm, if I had free money I think I would also burn it on photography equipment. ;) ..and I agree with Kathy, you'll be amazing behind a DSLR! :)