Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Sewing . . .

I made another burlap runner this weekend, really not much different than the last one except it's longer.  I'm still loving that texture, the ruffles . . . And the fact it covers the unsightly gouge/gash/scratched tracks on my piano from a sliding microwave during one of our moves. ;o)  Not pretty. But the runner is and now nobody is the wiser (except everyone who reads my blog). ;o)
~~~
And here's a peak at a sweet little skirt for Marissa.  I finished it a month ago, thinking "I'll find a brown shirt or sweater to go with it, which should be easy with how common brown is . . ." Well, I'm still looking for the something brown.  We've got the tights.  I can't find a shirt!  We've got nothing to go with it.  Usually I check before I make something that I will be able to find something appropriate to match.  However, I'm a sucker for baby whale corduroy in the fall.  MUST.MAKE.SOMETHING.  And paisley . . .
Anyway, if you happen across something that would be probably at most $12, but preferably less, let me know.  Couldn't you just picture a chunky brown cardigan with three toggle buttons . . .
~~~
I'm hoping to put my sewing machine to good use for Christmas this year in the form of handmade gifts.  It's an ideal at the moment--I'd love to see everyone with *something* homemade to unwrap, and I have many ideas.  Unfortunately the rest of life keeps interfering with my hobbies. ;o) We'll see if anything becomes of that little idea--two months from today, ChRiStMaS!  And of course, I have hopes of a few things I'd like to create for myself--check out the bags in this etsy store . . . LOVE THEM.

1 comment:

Anna said...

SO adorable, the purse you picked out and the fun skirt..and the burlap runner! All so 'you.' ..I am always so glad for your creative inspiration. I would be a very dull mama without someone to encourage and enlighten me in that department. :)