Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday Morning Showdowns

Wars I have waged . . .
Me--zzzzzzzzzzzz
Alarm at 5:30--beep, beep, Beep, BEEP
Score--me:1, competition:0

Me--Yes, you will show your work on your math!
3rd Grader--Then I won't do it.
Score--me:2, competition:0

Me--Yes, you will take a morning nap!
Baby--eyes me mischievously
Score--me:3, competition:0

Me--Play-dough get out of my carpet!
Play-dough in carpet--No thanks.
Score--me:3, competition:1

Me--You will say "Please" if you would like a drink.
Crazy Five Year Old--Sobbing inconsolably (for 25 minutes)
Score--me:4, competition:1

Me--Accomplish everything on schedule by noon
Schedule--HA HA HA
Score--me:4, competition:2

I'm still ahead, rather weary, but exultant.  Bring on the afternoon!

(Just kidding Afternoon, truly I'm finished for the day, might I have a quiet corner, a book, and some hot tea, please?)

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I hope you found the "truce" in the wars that you were waging today! It's wearying, sometimes, this role of mothering and teaching. Press on, dear friend! I will pray for you knowing that *HIS* strength is perfect!!! And just so you know you're not alone, today has been brutal over here, too. It *is* Monday!! ;)

Anna said...

I'm laughing out loud, esp. the schedule part. And way to go enduring the long stubborn cry session...hope you got that quiet cup of tea. And a slower afternoon. ;)

Brooke said...

Oh my goodness! I am so glad I am not the only Mommy who has had a battle of wills over saying ONE word. Have you ever had to spank because someone wouldn't take the color cup you gave them? :) Ah, the wars, the wars.