Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Marissa's Party-the summary

 A group of girls joined us last Saturday for what we deemed "fall fun"--a little cookie decorating, bracelet beading, playing, and eating.  In lieu of a "treats bag" I sent each girl home with an apron appliqued with some candy corn fabric (in a heart shape), and of course a plate of generously decorated cookies. ;o)  You can see a bit of Marissa's apron in the picture:

The chalkboard, celebrating Marissa:

And the cake, "candy corn inspired"
and inside, surprise!
Josh has class every Saturday, and I was under no delusions that I could pull off such a morning on my own, so my mom graciously agreed to help out.  We stayed pretty busy, between party guests and the three little boys. ;o)  A third person may have been handy . . .
But we pulled it off!  I wish I could say my house has remained in a "company ready" state since that day.  Alas, it has not. ;o) But at least FINALLY! I've done a "friend party" for each girl.  Not that they've never had birthday parties before, but usually only family has been involved.  I'm heading into the next year guilt free. ;o)

3 comments:

Anna said...

Goodness, I LOVE all these ideas! The apron idea is ADORABLE, and the cake, and cookie decorating--what a fun party. TFS! Super cute pics.

Kathryn said...

Ditto to Anna's comment! What a sweet celebration for your sweet girl! I love the idea of writing about the bday kid on the blackboard! That cake is *so* cute! I thought the outside was cute.....but the inside made it even better!

Carolyn said...

I just have to comment! I'm so impressed with this party. What fun, fun things to do and the party favor of an apron is absolutely one of the best ideas EVER. I needed someone like you in my life when I had two little girls. They just got to play "Red Rover, Red Rover" and have those sugar decorations that spelled out Happy Birthday and held the candles. (right Kathy?) Loved the cake. What special memories for Marissa!
If you ever need an extra pair of hands this Mimi is available.