Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Stuff

It's been a long week.
There have been a lot of rotten attitudes--they hit first thing Monday morning and they really haven't let up.
Jackson's been . . . I guess loud and full of motion would be a nice way of putting it?
Emmett has been waking at strange hours of early morning (between 3 and 4 a.m.) and tucking himself into the foot of my bed.  He's been a rather angry child--maybe due to poor sleeping habits?  I hear this often:
"Bad Jackson!"
"No, bad Emmett!"
"Bad Jackson!"
Ad nauseum until one of them is crying because the other descended upon with intent to silence.  Emmett has this huge mark on his head because Jackson shoved him into the crib.
A lot of disharmony.  It wears on me and I keep asking myself "What am I doing wrong, what do I need to do better?"  And for the first time I've actually been glancing wistfully at the greener public school grass . . . my home would be so much more quiet.  Maybe I wouldn't be so physically and mentally drained come 10:00 in the morning at the end of the day. ;o)

The old ugly minivan that Josh uses as his main car got totalled out today. :o(  We were kind of counting on that being Josh's transportation for another 1-2 years.  In spite of its "quirks" it really has been a great and reliable vehicle. Only now it's a goner.   We do have an uglier spare car for him, so at least we're not down to one vehicle (yet).  And Josh was not injured, so that's a happy thing. 

All in all a rather discouraging week, and those happen sometimes.  I'm starting a little Bible study, Nancy Demoss's "Choosing Gratitude-Your Journey to Joy."  I'm thinking the title sounds fitting just about now don't you? ;o)  God DOES have a good sense of humor. If life was smooth and easy I wouldn't have the need to CHOOSE to be grateful, nor would there be any journey.  Right? Right. I'll keep working on that . . .

3 comments:

julah said...

I just wanted to say, as strange as it may sound, your post here is a huge encouragement to me today...not that I would wish rotten attitudes, and totaled cars on anyone...but it makes me feel like I'm not alone in my day-to-day mommyhood struggles. I can completely relate to the feeling of "what could I possibly be doing better/differently to alleviate the fighting/whining/etc around here..."

P.S. I came across your blog awhile back via Tiffany Curry.

Kathryn said...

Sing with me now.....
"The sun'll come out, tomorrow! Betchyur bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun!"

Sorry to hear about your rough day. *Thankful* Josh is okay.

Praying for you, my friend!

Anna said...

Love Kathy's theme song from Annie. :) Hang in there, Janna! Sorry for the rough week, I've been praying for you with all you have going on. Praise the Lord for protecting Josh! *hugs* ..and hope things are going better for you.