Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Owen~9 months old!

So, this little guy is really hard to photograph.
Out of all the pictures I tried to snap real fast (on a quickly waning battery) I have just one where he is actually looking at me and smiling.  It'll work. ;o)
At nine months:
Mastered the art of stair climbing--and is getting faster by the day
Will stand for a few seconds (particularly if he doesn't realize he is doing it)
Has five, but very close to six, pearly whites
Has his first little shiner above his right eye from attempting to scale the slippery bathtub slope
Loves his mama a whole lot
Enjoys pinching his mama while nursing--she has bruises to show for it
We *think* we heard him repeat ball, but whatever the case he does "ba-ba-ba" quite nicely ;o)
He's become a little dancer, boppin' to Isabella's heavy-handed (and repetitive) base lines on the piano
Really enjoys feeding himself, and has a particular fondness for shredded cheddar

You would think, having done this so many times before that watching a year slip by SO FAST gets easier.  But it doesn't.  I just don't know where the time goes--how is it that we are so very near that first birthday already?  And Josh keeps nervously reminding me five is enough . . . 
I know.
In my head I agree completely.
But my heart wishes there would always be a little baby,
to love on
kiss on
cuddle up
and thrill over.

I'm so thankful I got to do it "just one more time."
Happy 9 months sweet Owen!

3 comments:

Anna said...

I am *swooning* over that handsome kid, what a CUTIE!! That smile is just too much..and I adore hearing all the tidbits (Jude did that pinching thing too--ouch!)...and I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to stop...the baby days are too much fun.. ..happy 9 months, Owen!

Kathryn said...

Well, I'll just swoon along with Anna! What a sweetheart!!!

Mom said...

Who is this baby...I mean little boy...I mean growing boy?? He definitely is trying to catch up with his siblings. Love his smiling face.