Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Marissa Girl

A few of my favorite shots of her from yesterday . . .

As I go through my pictures, I usually find just one or two that I really love--although sometimes whatever it was I was "going for" I don't find evident in anything I photographed.  What is funny to me, in my head I'm thinking "I need a really nice photo to be her '9 year' photo--or Jackson's '5 year' photo."  In the end I always love the pictures where they are just being them the best--those are the pictures that truly make me smile.  Like all of Jackson's silly pictures . . . don't be surprised if you come to my house and find one in a frame!  Someday when I'm old and gray I think it is those pictures that will be so very dear to me. I want to see joy and life and vibrancy and happiness--and I hope it is always there.  And just maybe I can freeze it in a picture so I can always remember them just that way.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Lovely! Love the pics of M & J and seeing their personalities shining through. I agree that the "real" pictures are the ones I end up treasuring the most, rather than the perfectly posed ones.

Tiff said...

She is such a little Janna! Adorable and great work!

Mom said...

Wonderful pictures of Marissa...she's quite a girl!! Can't believe she'll be 9 next month.

Anna said...

*gasp* all of these are amazing, Janna--I'm loving that plum purple on her, and the one on the bench and the B&W looking down in the grass. . .REALLY good & artistic shots! ..and I am in such agreement about those 'candid' shots vs. posed ones. ;) Those 'frozen' moments of life captured are what makes snapshots special I think...what a beauty of an almost-9-yr-old you have on your hands.