Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Happy Spot

 The Nesting Place is having a fall mantle party, and no, no mantle here, but here is my favorite "fall horizontal surface" at the moment.  Most stuff, if you read my blog, you have seen before. 
The rundown in cheap-ish decorating:
The pumpkin/black-eyed susan pillow made by me using a gift certificate to purchase wool=FREE
The wool acorn, a gift=FREE
The basket, a goodwill find, painted and then distressed=$2
The quilted square, something I bought long ago--I turned it over so just the backside was showing giving me something neutral to work with--I'll count it as free since I'm "using what I have"
"Long Island Cheese" Pumpkin=$2.50
Faux bittersweet, cut apart=$2.99
Grapevine garland, grabbed a handful from storage, more "using what I have"
The banner, scraps of burlap, quilting binding, and a sharpie marker I had laying around=in the $5 range
 Oh, and the dresser everything is sitting on, $20 on craigslist, and some black paint and "nickel" spray paint I had laying around--
Having an area that makes my heart so happy every time I walk past?  Priceless. ;o)

 If you're interested in looking at some beautiful fall decorating, head here.

4 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

that wool acorn is super cute, but i love how you descibed your space. i don't have a mantle, or a large shelf used as a mantle, so i decorate what i call my "flat expanses". you do what you gotta do, right?

Candace said...

I love it all, Janna!! :)

Stephanie said...

I love the wool felt pillow. I am so wanting to try this. Beautiful!

Anna said...

You could totally have an H_G.T-V show. ..well, that is IF you had an extra 24 hours every day. ;) LOVE IT! I'm so inspired by your adorable crafty and awesomely-decorated house. Thanks for sharing. ;)