Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy First Day of Fall!!!

The chalkboard greeted the kids this morning, which was a fun way to start the day.  Jackson told me those were his *favorite* pumpkins, which says a lot because he's a harsh critic.  And what better breakfast to have than APPLE CIDER DONUTS:
Oh, are these good! I'm going to be the first to admit that besides the intriguing title, I really struggle to distinguish the apple cider flavor (perhaps because I coated them soundly in cinnamon sugar?) but these are excellent donuts.  We washed them down with some fresh cider.

And then, seeing as their teeth were thoroughly sugared up, we set off for the dentist.  Unfortunately, our "no cavity run" came to an end today (I have no idea why . . .).  Isabella was found with a tiny one on the side of a molar in the back.  Boo.  Of all my kids to get a cavity I'm actually glad it was her--she's the toughest, a quiet strength she possesses in the face of pain (the others have a tendency toward ummmm LOUDNESS for lack of a better word). ;o)

Tonight's the harvest moon! Be sure to watch for it.  The first day of fall, homemade donuts, harvest moon, and have I mentioned the pumpkin fudge I've been snacking on these last few days?  Doesn't get too much better than that!

3 comments:

Mom said...

What a great day....any donuts leftover?

Kathryn said...

I see you're doing your best to pass along your "pumkin nerdiness" to your son. ha ha! What a great way you are building special memories for your kids. Love everything you did to make it such a special pre-first-day-of-fall celebration!

Anna said...

Okay, I'm drooling over those donuts, they look amazing! and the adorable sketch, I am so excited it's here--yay for Fall! :)