Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Be still my heart

Last night, Josh came home bearing gifts:
Yes, a whole box, 18 cans!!!! of pumpkin.
And I was ecstatic.
If you remember the "Great Pumpkin Crisis of 2009" you will know stores around here had not one can of pumpkin for nearly a whole month.  Every year, September hits and I am bit by a baking bug--usually pumpkin is involved.  I thought last year was just an off year.  But about three weeks ago I asked the Wal-mart guy where the pumpkin was.  He informed me it was seasonal and I wouldn't see it until Thanksgiving time. *gasp*
Every time I went to a store, I checked.  I told Josh he must check too.  Between the two of us we cased out many a store. No pumpkin. :o( My mother-in-law "lent" me her last can a few days ago and I've been pondering just which recipe I should use it for--I didn't want to waste the very last can available! 
FINALLY
some appeared last night at a Super Saver here in town.  Because Josh knew it would delight me to no end he got me A LOT of it. And some of my favorite tea too because I was all out. ;o)
Unfortunately, he did pay full price and we all know pumpkin gets crazy cheap come November.  I'll overlook that fact seeing as I'm back in pumpkin business again--pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins--some with chocolate chips/some without, pumpkin bars, pumpkin fudge, pumpkin donuts, and of course pie . . .
Good eating up ahead!
And Josh says we will never be caught pumpkin-less again.  We plan on stockpiling it this fall. Should you happen to visit and open my pantry it is highly possible you will discover one whole shelf devoted to the storage of my precious cans of pumpkin. ;o)

4 comments:

Mom said...

You and your pumpkin! Hope you'll bring a treat when you come for harvest with the kids. :-)

Anna said...

LOL, I've been in the mood for pumpkin too...all those goodies sound DELISH.

Tiff said...

You are too funny! I, too, have the pumpkin-baking itch. Unlike you, I have NO PUMPKIN! I wonder if my 3-isle Shelby Foodmart will have a CASE? :)

Kathryn said...

So, what's first on your "Pumpking Baking" list??