Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rainy Day Miscellany

August 15th was the official ending to our own little summer reading program--
Marissa tallied in with 2,847 pages earning herself a $20 gift card to Barnes and Noble and a night at the "super" fair riding the rides.  Isabella read 823 pages earning herself $16.42 in book money--and that should have been it--but her Daddy is kind of a softy and took her to the fair too as long as she promised to keep reading. ;o)  Marissa's summer love has been the books by Madeline L'Engle and Isabella has discovered the joys of Judy Blume's "Fudge" stories.  I will never ever forget reading "Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing" as a kid and coming to the part where Fudge eats Peter's turtle.  I laughed and laughed--as did Bella.  She frequently comes and informs me of Fudge's latest escapade.
~
I attempted a little "7 year old" photo shoot with my Isabella.  It was a bit too sunny, which Isabella informed me of every five seconds, and consequently I ended up with much "squintiness."  But I think this might be one of my favorites--I know it's not professional quality, but I will enjoy looking at it in a frame none-the-less. ;o)
~
And this is what happens when I leave the sisters to taking care of the littlest brother.  He was none-the-wiser to them dolling him up and happily chewed away on a polly pocket while they had their way.
~
I've removed Jackson's nap from his schedule.
I really miss it.
Like this afternoon . . . what I wouldn't give for a quiet and resting Jackson . . .

I best be going now. ;o)

5 comments:

Mom said...

Congrats to the girls for all the pages read. They'll have to look through all the books I have here. Love love love the 2 photos.

Kathryn said...

WOW! Way to go to your summer readers!!!! I *LOVE* the Fudge stories, too! How many times did I read Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing when I was in elementary school???!!! And guess what our first read aloud of the year is? :) The boys are loving it, and I'm enjoying it, too....although the humor isn't quite as funny when you're 38 instead of 10. ha!

Owen makes a very cute dollie and I hope that Jackson sans nap means Jackson to bed by 7:30!? :)

Toni Tralala said...

This is a great project for the kids! :)

Anna said...

WOW! is what I said to that picture--I would say totally IS professional, you have the eye for composition! And LOL at the dolled up little boy, poor guy--he and Jude can console each other some day. Hope you're blessed with smoother afternoons with Jackson (and way to go, girls on the reading!!!)

Wendy said...

Congrats to your summer readers!

Thanks for stopping by.....I applaud you for taking the time to really BE with your children. Some days are definitely challenging, but the rewards are everlasting (at least that's what I'm told ;)!