Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pumpkin Yearnings

These magazines arrived in my mailbox this week:
You'll notice they're looking rather fall-ish.  I must admit they've given me a hankering to start pulling out the pumpkins to adorn the house with.  I'm two days into resisting this temptation.  My goal is to wait until the middle of August, which would be a full two weeks longer than I waited last year. But with the humidity at about 500% today, I'm thinking I might wish summer's end a bit sooner, rather than later.  You know a day is going to be miserable when  you open your door at a quarter 'til seven and it feels like opening your dryer about 25 minutes into the cycle.  It's not really a way I like to start the day. Hence I'll be hiding inside for the rest of it, digging out all my old fall magazines and entertaining an "autumn state of mind." ;o)

2 comments:

Anna said...

You and I are on the same page..I was just daydreaming about pumpkin picking and cool crisp Fall air. Lovely mags! I'll look forward to seeing your beautiful home peppered with pumpkin pretties. :)

Mom said...

I say go for it. I was just at Hobby Lobby this morning and picked up 2 fall items. I could have gone crazy and bought about 10 more things. So I am planning to switch stuff around by the end of July!!