Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Happy 7th Isabella!!

To my sweet girl on your celebration of seven!
You are our girly-girl, the one who can't leave the house without a headband in her hair.
The one who we find sleeping with said headband!
The girl who would really rather not wear the Cardinals shirt her daddy got for her, even if the rest of the family is wearing it. Well, just so you know, it doesn't matter what you're wearing or how you accessorize it,
You are beautiful just the way you are with your sweet smile and sparkly eyes.
You take good care of Owen and delight him with your animated songs and sayings.
He loves to rock out to your nearly constant soundtrack of piano music.  Sometimes Daddy and I stand in the shadows watching you play and wonder how on earth you got such an ear for songs.  You amaze us!

You still love to play Barbies, often coercing Marissa into Barbie playing marathons.  Sometimes I come into your room and wonder to myself what on earth you guys are imagining when I find Barbies tied up and hanging from your closet rod, houses made from books, and your room in all other sorts of disarray. It's not the kind of Barbie playing I remember doing with my sister, but you get an A+ for creativity. ;o)
You are obsessed with doing the splits and are freakishly double-jointed.  You have startled all of us on occasion by putting your arms in such weird positions.  Recently a sign for the "Cool Club" appeared on your door.  When I asked you about it you told me you had to be able to do the splits (or other gymnastic-y positions).  It doesn't look like your poor mommy will be asked to join the "Cool Club" anytime soon.

We hope you have a fabulous birthday sweet Bella.  You are so incredibly special to us and I am so thankful God blessed us with you seven years ago.  Keep shining and sparkling and loving Jesus with all your heart.  I am thrilled to my soul that you are "mine."
Happy, happy day!!!

3 comments:

Mom said...

What a special girl Bella is. Papa Roy and I love you much.

Kathryn said...

And......once again your birthday tribue brings tears to my eyes! You captured so many things of your girl that makes her special to you and it's just beautiful....to match her! :) Hope you all have a great day celebrating. I think it's extra fun when your birthday falls on a Saturday.....it just begs for partying all day long! :)

Anna said...

Aw, happy birthday to that sweet girl! Love all the cute tidbits...and she really can play piano, I about fell over when I heard her recent "Joyful Joyful" song with left hand and everything. What a beautiful gifted girl--hope her day is special!