Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Cooling off . . .

I'm sitting here this morning attempting to come up with something to blog about because I just got back from a 2 mile run.  Now blogging and running might seem entirely unrelated, but you see, there is an air vent directly under my computer desk.  Following me? ;o)  I tried a new route today, one that sends me down around the Woodland Hills area, and consequently past waterfalls and big trees.  I even saw a huge heron! It was definitely more scenic.  Unfortunately, what goes down, must come up . . . The first half mile was a downhill, making the last half mile . . . an uphill.  That was bad planning on my part. Yes, I'll admit to walking a tiny bit. And now I sit over an air vent--after bumping the air down a few notches--with a tall glass of water.  I like to pray while I run.  Sometimes my prayers are rather disjointed because I'm concentrating on trying to breathe and not die.  Lately though my prayers are more just one praise on repeat, "Thank-you-for-air-conditioning-*gasp*-thank-you-for-air-conditioning . . ." ;o)  It's a great way to start the day!!  A happy Friday one and all--may it be pleasant and cool!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Yes, air vents are a blessing. During the summer, I try to sit over one at church!! :-) Ah...but my reason is not because I ran 2 miles first. Ha Ha

Anna said...

Way to go, Janna!! That's awesome that you're running, and what a pretty area. I've also been thanking the Lord for a/c these days--what a blessing it truly is!