Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Vacation--Day 2

Success!!! ;o)

Things that went right today:
Room darkening curtains keeping all kids asleep until 7:00 a.m. (a record I'm sure!)
Awesome full out breakfast that I didn't have to prepare
A sweet and simple 1/2 hour drive to our destination
$16 for the parking garage--$16 WELL SPENT!
Free admission to The Museum of Science and Industry (this place is AWESOME, I very, very highly recommend it!)
A picnic lunch out front and discovering seagulls really like Pringles
A quick little jaunt over to The Field Museum, another free admission and $16 for parking
A little stroll along Lake Michigan
And 45 minutes to get back to the hotel

*sigh* THIS was how yesterday SHOULD have gone. ;o) The kids are getting in their swim time with Daddy and then it's off to bed, and I'm enjoying a few moments of quiet and a cup of tea. Yay vacation!! ;o)

2 comments:

Anna said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe your day 1 of vacation, deary! I've been praying...and am thankful the Lord brought you through such an 'adventure' safely...and yay for a very successful day 2! You guys are all real troopers. WOW. ..is all I can say. Sending hugs!! And have FUN. :) ...I'm laughing at your new family phrases. What a memory.

Kathy said...

Sounds like a great day! So happy the Lord blessed you with SUCCESS! I looked that museum up online and it does look GREAT! If we ever go I'll make sure we "garmen ourselves." ha! Do you get another yummy breakfast tomorrow??? :)