Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Some Parenting Advice--

1. When looking for furniture for your children's rooms, particularly boys, although it does apply to girls too, purchase sensibly. I know, I know, those Pot.tery Ba.rn beds are beautiful, as are the rooms they put together, but let's be frank. REAL children do not live in those rooms. Take that beautiful bed and imagine it bludgeoned with toy hammers, be-stickered, teeth-marks, vomit dripping off the sides . . . You get the picture. Then decide if the price is really worth it. Last fall, when we purchased the boys' bunk bed, there were a lot of beds I would have liked to get, but there were--of course--some budget constraints. I settled for cheap and sturdy. In the end I'm so glad I didn't spend the money on what I really wanted. Which leads me to--
2. If you decide to splurge on a box of Spidey band-aids much to the delight of your four year old, be prepared to face the consequences: The WHOLE box stuck to his bed, and a few on the ceiling fan too. Joy.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Oh, no! How funny...and I bet he didn't throw all those peeled-off paper shreds in the trash. ..but for $4.00 it really does add some pizzazz! :)

Kathy said...

I USED to splurge on fun bandaids once in a while and then I figured out that lots of ouchies were getting bandaids for no good reason at all! Couple that with the fact that every once in a while I had to go to church with spiderman on my finger and I just buy plain ones now. I bet those wouldn't have looked so neat on the bed, though! :)