Anyway, the dresses:
I ended up doing a few things "my way." First, I should have made the skirt part of Marissa's a size bigger. It was a bit too short for my liking, so I added some wide lace at the bottom, which took care of that problem nicely. I'm not sure if she'll be able to wear this dress more than one season though, so that's kind of a bummer. (Although Isabella is rubbing her hands together with delighted anticipation because she's quite fond of all that lace). I also used store-bought bias tape because that saved me a WHOLE lot of time. Lastly, my machine has always done awful button holes, the thread bumbles up all over itself and I just can't get them to turn out right. I ended up doing them by hand, cutting a slit and then whip-stitching around it. It's not perfect, but it does the job, and in the end the button covers it up. So, I can't say I tackled my button hole fear, but I found a way that works for me . . . perhaps that's cheating, but I have two functioning dresses, so I'm happy. All in all it was a fun experience, and actually the first time I have ever made their Easter dresses. Marissa told me, "Oh, it looks like a REAL dress!" Which was encouraging, but I'm not sure what it says about all the other clothing I have made for them. ;o) I LOVE getting to customize their clothes, picking just the color, just the buttons . . . it kind of makes me feel like a designer. But now, back to my real life of maid, teacher, chef, chauffeur, nurse, and whatever else it is I do. ;o) Have a great week!