Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday

Technically speaking, we are at the last two weeks of school, with a unit on Antarctica left. I sound like I'm on top of things don't I? The truth is . . . I'm out of steam.
My lesson plans:
It's cold.
Penguins live there.
Let's watch "Happy Feet."
We're at a point where I feel pretty happy with what we've learned and accomplished, and these last remaining spelling tests, lessons, etc. just feel like I'm beating a dead horse. But then Jillian Michaels' words echo in my head "The end isn't where you give up, the end is where you finish strong-ong-ong-ong!!!" (how she sounds in my head with echo enhancement) Or something to that effect. (Although Jillian and I haven't spoken since the Monday after Easter, but that's a whole different topic entirely). :oP
Our days have been rather uninspiring. My brain feels like it's on a merry-go-round. Being sick this weekend has left me feeling overstimulated with sounds/lights/movement. Ever since my surgery I have had phases on and off like this. I'm not quite sure why, but I think there's some fluid in the ear that can hear, making it harder to hear, making me try harder . . . fatigued senses?? I'm not sure if that's a real concept, but sums up how I feel quite nicely.
Anyway. All that to say, I'm ready for a break. Josh is done with finals next Tuesday, and we'll limp along pretending we are doing school each day until I can without guilt declare, "SCHOOL'S OUT!" We're almost there. I think I can, I think I can . . . ad infinitum. (that's my fancy way of channeling Buzz Lightyear and his "To infinity and beyond!") (cue echoes) ;o)

2 comments:

Anna said...

Sounds like a rough Monday! Sorry to hear..this time of year is a 'burnout' time of year I think...hang in there!! You're almost done, and a new refreshing summer schedule will hopefully leave you energized and well-rested (I'm hoping). :) ...loved your descriptive writing. And I'll pray that you feel better soon!!

Kathy said...

Literally laughed out loud on your lesson plan! I find great humor in what I can relate to in my own life! :) Hang in there! Summer's a comin'!!!!!