Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Lilac Love

I have a few very special "spring memories" of growing up. One would be when the rhubarb and asparagus poked through my mom's garden, another is climbing maple trees to spy on robins' nests, and the third would be the blooming of the lilacs. It is an EVENT I look forward to every year. The smell is exquisite, and no candle gets anywhere close to the smell of real lilacs in bloom. Wednesday I got a few pictures of my mother-in-law's, they've been out of town nearly three weeks and hopefully they'll still be blooming when they get back on Sunday. If not, I have pictures. ;o)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Please make these pictures scratch 'n sniff! I love lilacs, too! Have you ever went over to East Campus to see all their varieties? Delightful!

Anna said...

This is so pretty! I've been wanting to take the kids to the place Kathy mentioned. Love the pics. :)