Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Indulgences

My favorite "pick-me-up" as of late . . . a hot cup of Bigelow Vanilla Caramel tea (with sugar and milk of course!) and a turtle pecan biscotti. A blissful experience indeed. The biscotti I found at Wal.mart, unfortunately they don't carry this tea, so that I usually get at Sup.er Sa.ver (and the French Vanilla is also very good). I always think of biscotti as more a "coffee thing" but it goes quite well with tea too. And hey, there's only 110 calories, which is about what a piece of fruit has . . . Apple--bicotti--apple--biscotti . . . So sorry apple, you lose. (See, decision-making made that much easier). ;o)

And also, I got the ingredients to make my most favorite spinach artichoke dip--it starts out with fresh spinach which you cook down. Yes, it's a bit more time consuming but it is AWESOME. If only one could live on chip and dip alone. And tea. Head here if you're in need of a good dip recipe.

We're enjoying a dark and rainy day here. Just perfect for tea . . . biscotti . . . hot dip . . . hmmmm. ;o)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Mmmmmm, this sounds so relaxing and delightful! I could use a bit of that right now. ;) I'm going to see if I can find that kind of tea......and maybe I'll sneak in a box of those biscottis, too. I have a great recipe for homemade biscottis that I make for my dad at Christmas time so he can have them with his coffee. They're a bit labor intensive but very good! If you ever feel adventurous and want to try them let me know.

Anna said...

Yum-o-licious! Sounds so good right now. :)