Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Josh!!!


video

Marissa wrote Josh a song in honor of his birthday today. She's a bit shy to have me record her and consequently you can't quite understand all the words, but I typed them out below (I'm not going to lie, it was hard to keep a straight face through this one). ;o)

Title: Happy Birthday Daddy

Written and Sung by: Marissa, age 8 1/2 yrs

Daddy, Daddy you are 31, you are 31

Daddy, Daddy you are 31, you are 31 today.

You used to be 30 but not any more

And now you're five feet seven inches off the floor

(me here . . . um, yeah he wishes!!)

Daddy oh Daddy you are 31 today

You used to drink water but today is milk

You look more handsomer in your belt

Daddy, Daddy you are 31, you are 31

Daddy, Daddy you are 31, you are 31 today

You're a lot more stronger I have to say

Your love and happiness make me really really gay

(me again, she means "happy gay")

Daddy, oh Daddy you are 31 today

All days were normal but not this one

'Cause we are celebrating Grandma and Grandpa's youngest son

Daddy Daddy you are 31, you are 31

Daddy, Daddy you are 31 you are 31 today

Oh you are 31 today

Yes you are 31 today

(In the event you didn't catch that, he's 31. Today.) ;o)

5 comments:

Anna said...

..link wasn't work, but what hilarious words! :) Love her creativity, and I bet she had an awesome tune to go with. Happy birthday Josh!

Janna said...

Hmmm, not sure what I did wrong because it works on my computer. I don't even know where to begin to trouble shoot that. This is my first time trying to do a video, so I'm sure I have some bugs to work out! ;o)

Kathy said...

I was able to watch it. Absolutely precious! I bet it just made Josh's day!

Mike and Kirsten said...

Very cute song! Happy birthday to Josh!

Mike and Kirsten said...

Very cute! Happy birthday Josh!