Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Oh Jackson . . .

Last night I was going through a pile of papers I had watched Jackson crumple up and growl at. Josh looked on as I unwrinkled every one of Jackson's discarded drawings. What we found were a whole bunch of "failed" attempts at drawing the space rocket from 3-2-1-Penguins (his latest video love from the library). Apparently none of these made the mark: He was going for this:

*sigh*
I think I know why it took him forever to draw.
I think I know why he gets so mad sometimes (ahem, often).
And I think you know why I'm a bit scared to begin homeschooling him.
I have a perfectionist on my hands, and a rather intense one at that.
I'm sure *some day* it will be a good trait. But right now . . .

We are burning through a whole lot of paper.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh, we should swap stories. Luke definitely gets the perfectionist trait from me. I can't say that it has been a difficult thing for him...yet. It's more just annoying for the rest of us as we have to be patient with him.
I found it a challenge to teach children with this trait, but I understood them VERY well!

Kathy said...

Poor, Jackson. And picture #5 had such potential too!!! Will pray for you as you mold and shape him, knowing that ultimately the heart changes come from the Lord!

And as far as paper goes.....is he happy with 'recycled paper?' That has been a lifesaver over here! Mark has access to a LOT of paper at work that is printed on one side so he brings it home for the boys (namely Evan) to 'burn through.' If Jackson would be happy with that kind of paper let me know and I'll bring you some.

Anna said...

This makes me giggle...and those drawings are great! Especially the center bottom one. :) He will grow up to be such a good kid and hard worker. Hang in there, Jackson's mommy! :) Love this posting.

Mommy K said...

I've got one of those, too...and he's the first born! Unfortunately he has 3 little ones walking right into the same path as they watch him! We go through lots of computer paper. It's the ONE thing my son isn't so gung-ho about recycling (using the other side)! =) I'm with ya....