Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Mocha Layer Cake

I'm in the midst of preparations for Emmett's birthday party tonight, but thought I would take a few moments to share with you a recipe for the BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE IN THE WORLD. It's actually called "Mocha Layer Cake" and it is my go-to chocolate cake recipe for birthdays. It takes a bit of effort to prepare, but the end results are worth it. Honestly, I don't think you have had chocolate cake until you have tried this one. Between the cake and the frosting 3 sticks of butter and 2 packages of cream cheese are used--and let's be frank, it you want something to taste really good there must be fat involved. Agreed? ;o) Therefore it is ONLY a special occasion cake. But you will love me for sharing this recipe (and possibly hate me too . . .) ;o)
(Picture from Taste of Home . . . mine never turns out quite so pretty, it's usually more "pisa-ish" if you know what I mean.)
Click on the pic and you should be linked up to the recipe--after checking the recipe I discovered they changed the frosting portions a bit, which is fine, since I always end up with extra, so you won't end up using 3 sticks of butter and 2 packages of cream cheese like I did, but close!

2 comments:

Anna said...

YUM! That looks amazing...eat some extra for me! I ran out of the chocolate chips that I'm apparently addicted to... Happy Birthday Emmett!

Kathy said...

Jillian says if you eat a cake like that you have to do level 3 just like Natalie to make up for it!