Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Happy Day

Sometimes I have these terrible, awful, no good, very bad days. I'm sure you are all familiar with the kind of day I am talking about. But every once in awhile a fabulous day comes along, like today, and I kind of feel like skipping because:

Last night when I got home from Wednesday night church activities I hopped online and saw the blog The Lettered Cottage (a blog I came across last week) had a new post up. This couple has done AMAZING things with their home. They make me WANT a fixer upper. I love the crisp white farmhouse-y look they have going on. Anyway, last week she had a drawing giving away a $100 gift certificate to Lisa Leonard Designs, a mommy who makes really cool personalized jewelry. I have salivated over her necklaces upon occasion and every time I come across a drawing enter it. This time I WON!!!! I don't believe I have ever won ANYTHING before. And now I can get one of these cool necklaces and have all my kids' names engraved! I am soooooo thrilled.

This morning Josh took the kids on our March field trip and then out to eat at Mc.Don.ald's where they got to play in the play area. I was doing a little dance that I would get 2 whole hours home with just me and Owen. There has been a lack of quiet as of late. But what made it even better was that a lady in the play area gave Josh five free tickets to the circus!!! So he is now there with the four oldest, and I get the rest of the afternoon to myself! Can you believe it?

And then tonight I get to go to my in-laws for supper, which I'm guessing will be chicken-fried steak and mashed potatoes . . . (it's my brother-in-law's birthday dinner and this seems to be the meal of choice, for very good reason) ;o) So I am off the hook for cooking! Woohoo!

The sun is shining, free jewelry, quiet, no cooking . . . Does it get any better than that? ;o)

3 comments:

Lettered Cottage said...

Congratulations Janna!

:-)
Layla

Kathy said...

YIPPEEE-SKIPEEEEE! I'm so excited for you....about everything! I love that blog, too and those necklaces have been drooled over by me also! They are wonderful! Make sure you show me yours when you get it! How special. And having a morning stretching into afternoon 'kid free' with no cooking on top of it all??? Will wonders never cease????? Blessing upon blessing! Just makes me smile for you!

Anna said...

YAY! SOOOOOOOO glad for you, you definately needed a break! ...and hooray for free jewelry (so pretty!). ..smiling thinking of you in a quiet house alone with your babe. :)