Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

When it rains . . .

Okay, so finally, I am sick with a cold that has thus far just stayed within my head cavity. You know the kind that makes your eyes water, your nose drip, the bones in your face ache, and sneezes that draw out their prep time forever (like you feel the sneeze coming . . . still coming . . .almost there . . . glance at watch . . . and AH-CHOO!!!!!). Josh has it too. I always forget how yucky a "simple cold" can make you feel. But what made it yuckier was . . .

The boys making sure I woke up at 5:30, whether I wanted to or not. I put on a video for them this morning, then I did my Bible reading and crawled right back into bed. During this time they got hungry and dished themselves up bowls of shredded cheese--the last bag of shredded cheese that was going to go on our chili at lunch.

I think my thyroid is heading into or is overactive at the moment. This always happens after I have a baby, my hairs falls out (not fun), I loose the rest of my baby weight (a huge plus!), and I am hot, sweaty, emotionally wound tight, unable to sleep, with a racing heart. So far I just am feeling hot and sweaty a lot. Oh, and not sleeping so well. So, I stopped taking my synthroid, which is supposed to give my thyroid the right amounts of hormone. (If my body is going haywire I don't want to add to that). I should have had blood work done already but I kind of forgot about getting the SIX week postpartum check scheduled and consequently I don't see my midwife until next Monday, when I am 10 weeks postpartum. Oops. ;o) So, there's that.

I think Owen has a portion of my cold, the stuffy nose portion. Since babies mainly breathe through their noses he struggles to stay asleep at night. As do I . . .

I don't own any kleenex. I gave up buying it years ago because my children enjoyed the cause/effect part of it too much. We went through a lot of kleenex. Toilet paper works just fine--until your nose starts seriously DRIPPING. Then toilet paper starts to hurt. Particularly when you buy the cheap-o toilet paper because, yes, my kids have been known to use a bit too much of that also. I don't really like watching money go down the drain . . . literally. Consequently, my nose is quite chafed.

Today was Owen's two month appointment, which meant the dreaded drive to the WAY NORTH side of town. Thankfully Josh was able to keep the other four kids for me this morning, so that made the experience much simpler.

Owen got shots.

Owen is having a reaction to one of the shots . . . the one they put in his right leg. He woke up from a nap with a bright red upper portion of his leg. It is REALLY sensitive. Consequently, he is not a happy camper. I have yet to figure out a way to hold him and nurse him without causing him tremendous pain.

I ran out of toilet paper and had to make a run for it this afternoon. You would have thought it might have occurred to me to get myself a box of kleenex. Alas, it did not.

This evening I left the boys in the bath and headed downstairs to finish cleaning up the kitchen. I heard sounds of something akin to body surfing, or at least what I THINK body surfing would sound like were you to attempt it in your bathtub. I headed back upstairs with trepidation.

The bathroom floor was thoroughly flooded. It took like EIGHT towels to soak it up. (which of course is why you should never leave your children unattended in the bath . . . it makes soooo much more laundry for you)

I will never, ever be caught up on laundry again.

And that is pretty much my day. I'm hoping for a better one tomorrow . . .


3 comments:

Mike and Kirsten said...

UGH! Sounds like a tough day for sure...Hope you, Josh, and Owen get to feeling better.

Anna said...

Oh, dear you poor thing! I'll be praying for a good day tomorrow for you...and a great night's sleep tonight!!

Tiffany said...

Oh, no....you need to have some TLC! Can you call anyone to come over while you nap? If I were there, I'd be there to help out! So sorry, dear!