Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

On my own . . .

Today marks two weeks since Owen's arrival, and in honor of that, his two-week check-up. I officially ventured from my home with all five children this morning, the first time I've gone anywhere without Josh in probably three weeks. I love my pediatrician's office--they have three of them--and they're even open all day Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Unfortunately, my actual pediatrician is located at the "north office" and by north I mean WAY NORTH, like over by Nor.th St.ar High School north. It's not really a big deal, because when the kids are sick I get them in at the "south office" which is about five minutes from my home. I really have liked my pediatrician so I've let myself be inconvenienced with the drive a few times each year for the well-child checks. But now we'll be over there every two months, and I have five kids . . . Kind of rethinking that again. ;o) Anyway, today I was not looking forward to this outing. It's cold. It's a good 20-25 minute drive. It's a small exam room with a bunch of kids inside. But it went well. The kids were pretty decently behaved. It's nice to get that "first time" out of the way and slowly start rebuilding my shattered confidence that I can do this thing. ;o) The best news, Owen, born at 7 lbs 10 oz, and then leaving the hospital at 7 lbs 3 oz is now up to 8 lbs 2 oz. So he's eating well. And me, I'm feeling just a tad more competent then when I left this morning, so it's all good. ;o) Hope everyone is staying warm and healthy--looks like we're in for some more "exciting" weather. (And I'm updating to add, that in the event you read the title of this post and it made your yearn for some "Les Mis"--like it did me--go here to get that fix) ;o)

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Yay for you venturing out alone!!!! Glad you got a good report on little Owen!

Tiffany said...

It does not surprise me that you did it with such grace! You give hope to all of us at home moms out there!

Anna said...

WOW--congratulations on a successful first outing--hooray! An what a beast, he's growing very well. What a blessing!

Mommy K said...

Congrats on little Owen! I'm a little behind these days. =) I remember my first outing with all five in November.....and I remember the looong nap I took that afternoon! HA! Good job Mama!! Well, I'll make you feel better by saying that I STILL have yet to start school after Myra's birth. After being in the hospital for a month and having help in town for another 3, it wasn't until December when we were on our own....and THEN the holidays hit! So, next week life MIGHT be back to normal.... Enjoying reading your "adventures".