Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

One Week Old!

A few of our highlights from the last week:

Owen has been caught (often!) smiling in his sleep. And once I could have sworn I heard a chuckle. I'm not sure what a baby dreams about, but apparently, it's a lot of happy stuff. ;o)

Those curious little eyes just taking it all in. The kids get so excited when they see he is awake, and I have heard over and over "He is just the cutest baby EVER!" And "Take a picture of this!"
I know they say last children end up with hardly any pictures of them compared to the first. I daresay Owen will have the most . . .

Precious.
And guess what?
I have ankles again. ;o)
Overall, this first week has been great. He's a pretty content little guy. And if you asked me how goes things with five, I'd say "Not too bad." But then I realized this:
People are bringing me meals
We eat them on paper plates
Josh has been heading up the cleaning and disciplining
We haven't REALLY gone anywhere
We aren't practicing violin
We aren't doing school
Josh hasn't begun 2nd semester . . .

So, ummm yes, five is completely doable at this point. But when I think about the activities that will have to be added back in over the next month I may sort-of-kind-of start to hyperventilate. ;o) But let's not think about that. Let's focus on the positive, like ANKLES!!! Life is good. ;o)

5 comments:

Mike and Kirsten said...

Fun! Love the bloggy makeover! Thanks heaven for babies and ankles! :)

Mom said...

Love the pictures, especially the one of Owen looking right at the camera, like he knows how to pose!

Kathy said...

Ankles are a great thing, aren't they?? :)

Love the new blog header with the darling pics.

Smiling baby dreams are the best! Probably thinking of a nice big milkshake. :)

Tiffany said...

I am super impressed that you caught him smiling with your camera! Great skills, Janna! He is absolutely beautiful.

Anna said...

These photos are SO amazing--the lighting is perfect! ..it helps to have the cutest baby ever. :) He is just so beautiful...LOVE the smiling pic, how can you get anything done besides stare at him all day? Gorgeous, gorgeous.