Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

Make-a-Memory #7

"Gingerbread House Making"

With this activity I think we have accomplished the more labor intensive/sugar-filled activities. Phew. ;o) The boys and girls each got their own house--from a kit. I have always had this desire to do a gingerbread house from scratch. Some day. For now, the kit at Wal.mart is perfect. Although my sister mentioned how they did "trees" using sugar cones, green frosting, and various candies. I really like that idea, and it would be a bit simpler than trying to hold a house together (the girls had a seriously heavy roof . . .). You will notice that by the last picture the boys' house was beginning to miss a few pieces--wonder where those could have gone . . . ? ;o) Among other news we're enjoying our first official day of "Christmas Break" and I got some extra things done today, like, "Oh, there is a kitchen floor underneath all that" and "Hello, shiny microwave insides!" Bathrooms are also on the agenda--all three are rather scary places to be right now. ;o)

1 comment:

Anna said...

These turned out SO cute! ..makes me want to take a big bite out of them. And way to go with the cleaning!