Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

A Cozy Christmas



Here's my "Friday Finish" the Christmas decorating. At least, I'm going to say it's done. There are some spots that are calling out to me, but I have to call it quits somewhere. There are still some things I would like to have, but I am sure I can find them really cheap after Christmas, so I'll just wait until then. I realize "primitive" decor doesn't appeal to everyone, but for me it makes everything feel so homey and cozy. And I can do it really inexpensively.
My favorites this year:
Pine cones to tuck everywhere--free
Homespun fabric, torn so it will fray used as runners or table squares ($1.99 x 3 yds)
Burlap for my table cloth, also unhemmed ($1.99 x 3 yds)
Grapevine--of course!
Snagging branches from the bottom of my tree to stick over my cupboards
20 bulb strand lights to tuck into whatever (Wal.mart, $1.50)
Oh, and those grapevine ball lights I found at Tar.get this fall--love those

Anyway, nothing is "perfect" but it makes me happy, and I love it at night with all the lights and a few candles burning. You know, the kind of glow perfect for sipping tea or cuddling up with a wee one . . . (hint, hint to the wee one). ;o) I'm ready.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

L-O-V-E it.

Mike and Kirsten said...

Very festive! I think you are ready for Christmas AND baby to arrive!