Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Just three more weeks . . .

Although, I'm hoping for much less. ;o) My list from "six weeks left" remains pretty accurate, although I must add on to that the loss of my ankles and arms that go numb whenever I lift them for longer than 30 seconds. (??) Those are some newbies for me, but I'll see my midwife today and see what she has to say. It's our very last week of school for this semester. I'm thrilled. I'm really looking forward to doing the fun activities I have with my kiddos and just having a reflective advent, a time of waiting, a time of preparing, and boy, do those words really hit home right now. Today we begin our Jesse tree devotionals, using this --it was something that came as part of a Christmas e-book planner I had purchased a few years back, but come to discover the lady that wrote it also writes a blog I enjoy, A Holy Experience. I'm also trying to find some coloring pages for the kids that will work for each day, so far I have found this. However, I have completely run out of printer paper (hmmm, wonder why). ;o)

Among other news I'm wondering if anyone has a way to reset Jackson's internal wake-up clock? 5:58 or 5:59--every day, regardless of when he goes to bed. Although yesterday it was 4:55, and that hurt. Darkness is obviously no deterrent for him. If I could just get him to sleep until 6:30 or 7 that would be AWESOME.

Wishing you all a very good Monday and a lovely week this very last day of November.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Last week of school before baby.....Yay!

I wish I had some advice on the wake up time---I remember Evan going through the same thing. It's a tough phase, for sure!

Off to put out some Christmas decor--and try to catch up with you. ;)

Cathy said...

I read about a trick that I used successfully on my son--though to be fair, he was probably about 1 at the time. To break the wake-habit, you have to mess with their sleep cycle. Set your alarm about 15-20 minutes before he usually wakes up--he should still be sleeping at this point. Here's the painful part--try to stir him enough that he comes out of deep sleep, but hopefully doesn't wake all the way up. If you're lucky, he'll roll over and go back to sleep. After three mornings, the habit should be broken and he'll be able to get past 6. It did work for us. Hope that helps.

Tiffany said...

The good nite lite saved us. It's a night light that you set the time. So, let's say you'd like Jackson to wake up at 6:30, you set the timer for 6:30. The moon is up at night and then once 6:30 rolls around, the sun comes up. Luke knows not to get out of bed until that sun comes up. It's amazing!