Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Art imitates life imitates art . . .?

I mentioned Jackson's current coloring obsession awhile back. I'm thinking I left off with the potato head craze. Which was then followed by a Spider Man craze with a few more potato heads mixed in for good measure. Then he landed on "Wall-e" from the movie of the same title. I counted tonight and there were in the vicinity of 14 Wall-e pictures. He then decided he could make his own Wall-e. Which he has done about 7 times now, he draws his Wall-e, and then I must make the rocket and the "Eva." He attaches a "grabber" to the rocket that is always holding Eva and adds a few more "Eva's" to the rocket windows for good measure. Same thing, every time. But the last two pictures he added some grass and sky. I was duly impressed. And then he showed me his latest masterpiece: What's on Wall-e's eyes you ask? Oh, that's a bra.
If you're familiar with the movie I think there's a part where Wall-e is going through a trash pile and ends up with a bra on his eyes and he say "Woa!!" I'm not too sure if I have my details correct because it really wasn't a part that caught my attention. But apparently it caught the attention of a certain four year old boy. Because not only has there been this incident, but Josh and I discovered him trying on one of my bras, and then putting one on his eyes and saying "Woa!!" with perfect mimicry. Just lovely. I would have taken a picture because it WAS pretty funny, but quite frankly I'm not interested in flaunting my personal items on the world wide web. So, you'll just have to take my word for it. ;o) I can't begin to express how proud I am that this kid couldn't write his own name to save his life but can draw for himself a brassiere with delightful accuracy. And such a brilliant shade of magenta . . .

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Thank you so much for the delightful laugh! LOL

Anonymous said...

This is SO hilarious!! Love all these hilarious tidbits--and what an artist! :) I am loving catching up on your blog--the projects around your house are GORGEOUS..I especialy love the Silent Night wall hanging...and you make me wish I had a bulletin board in my kitchen, what a great spot for Christmas cards! Hugs to you all and see you next Wednesday..I do want to plan another time for your kiddos to come over for a playdate!
*hugs*
Anna :)