Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2009

6 Weeks to Go

My "state of the belly" address:

~Getting into bed is painful and so is getting out.
~My feet still hurt
~The laundry and I continue to remain enemies
~Chucked the wedding ring this week--because it was rather snug--not for other reasons ;o)
~Audible sighs and groans accompany nearly everything I do that requires moving
~Craving ice and any fresh-baked good available
~Scale rising with amazing persistency
~Kids still commenting daily "Wow your tummy is sooooo big!" (doing wonders for my self esteem)
~Sick of maternity clothes
~Gazing wistfully at skinny clothes
~Sleep coming in 2-3 hour increments, broken up by frequent trips to the "necessary"
~Deciding the person who invented the body pillow can be my best friend forever
~Wondering how it was we burned through 36 rolls of toilet paper so quickly
~Realizing the blame probably rests on me
~Shocked to realize there's a lot of "stuff" I need to have ready, like a baby book for instance, and oh, some diapers would probably be good . . .
~Doubly shocked to realize that if this fellow decides to come 2 weeks early like Emmett did I only have four weeks left!!! So much to do, so little time left to do it!

Seriously though, I'm doing well. Yes, I'm tired. But overall, when I think about how this IS the 5th time around, it's gone pretty well--could be a whole lot worse. And while I joke with Josh about how nice it would be to put myself on bed rest for awhile, I'm truly thankful I am up and about and able to attend to the needs of everyone without help. I'm positive these next few weeks will go quickly and before we know it there will be a new little baby to meet and snuggle. Can't wait!!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ahhh....I so remember! I'm going to say to you exactly what you said to me not more than a year ago...enjoy this time while God puts the finishing touches on that little angel! I can't wait to hear all about this completely beautiful little person~! Keep your feet and your eyes up!!! Hugs to you.

Kathy said...

Hang in there! Rest when you can. I SO wish I could come over and rescue you from the laundry monster!

Anna said...

Aw, I'm so excited too! I'll be praying for you as you're 'hanging in there' these last weeks. LOVED your list..mine would have been very similar. :) Let the countdown continue!

Mike and Kirsten said...

For having 6 weeks left to go, I thought you looked tiny last Sunday when I saw you!! It was great to see you last week...I'm sure Emmett is talking about that comfortable lap he spent some time on, isn't he? LOL!