Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What "Scary" Means

I'm not sure what scary looks like to you when I use it describe to the state of affairs at home, but for me it looks something like the above picture. (The red paper would be a new roll of wrapping paper used to create a house, and then torn to shreds). It never fails to amaze me how a few days off-kilter creates possibly a few weeks of work. The good news, the downstairs looks much better. Josh still had some time off yesterday morning/early afternoon thanks to fall break, and while I did things like unearth my counters, wash three loads of dishes, etc. He did the big jobs--like steam clean the dining room carpet and dismantle the entire refrigerator and make it all sparkly again. Perhaps he is nesting too? ;o)

Among other news we are all well-slept this morning, Jackson setting the record for a nice 14 hours of sleep. After a huge fit late afternoon involving loud wailing, red face, sweating and even drooling--all because I didn't cut out the correct shape of train engine for him (!?!) I suggested kindly he go to bed. ;o) Amazingly he took my suggestion to heart and I was quite astonished to discover him asleep a few minutes later when I went to retrieve him for supper. So from 5 pm to 7 am he slept and slept and slept. I sent everyone else to bed at 7:30 and they slept until 7 this morning. Even I got in a nice 10 hours! So, we are feeling good today. ;o) Hopefully energized enough to tackle those upstairs bedrooms . . .

3 comments:

Anna said...

Yay! for sleep, what a blessing--SO GLAD you got some rest finally. WOW, 14 hours for Jackson, that's great! Glad your hubby could be home and help you out with the house. Little peanut will be here before we know it. :)

Anna said...

p.s.--great picture. :)

Kathy said...

If only you hadn't fired the maid last week.....