Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Wee Bit of Reality

I must admit to feeling like this woman lately. (If I'm being truly honest, I'm feeling like this woman from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed). Heading into this fall, I knew it would be coming, and yet here I find myself feeling those overwhelmed feelings I had so hoped to avoid. It's a combination of things, activity overload, an Emmett who remembered how much fun drawing on walls was (and decided to make up for lost time), spilt milk on my stairs and coffee table, a nearly full bottle of El.mer's glue emptied onto the carpet, toothpaste plastered all over a bathroom, wet sheets, attitude/discipline issues, keeping up with the daily stuff like laundry, dishes and school . . . You get the picture, it's just, you know, LIFE-- a bunch of little things, that by themselves really aren't big deals (and really even added up it's not like this huge catastrophe), but lately it just seems enough to spiral me into a perpetual state of grumpiness and weariness. And not to have myself a pity party, I'd like to think that all of us have times where things start to pile on top of us, but my question is, when those times come, what helps you feel competent again?

Because what really sounds good to me right now is a vacation BY MYSELF with a bottomless bank account at my disposal. I think that would perk me right up. ;o) Of course, this is unfortunately not an option. Neither is a maid.

Not to be a big ol' raincloud for anybody, but just trying to "keep it real." Sooo, how to fill a cup that is perpetually drained (and perhaps cracked too?) :oP Ideas?

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I always remind myself of the line from a country song, "this won't last for long". How true! I always tell that to myself when there is quite a lack of sleep...one day I will get all of the sleep I need and then some and may not be completely fulfilled in the ways that I am right now. On the other hand...1 hour at Barnes sipping chai would do the trick...right? **hugs**

Kathy said...

Stumbled on this verse the other day and it continues to minister to my heart.....hope it does to yours as well.

Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Particularly love the idea of Him quieting me with His love......I can really work myself up into a dervish sometimes. And when you find a bottle of Elmer's glue dumped on the carpet? Yikes. You need some quieting love. ;)

Wish I had some magic cure to pass along to you but do know that you are not alone, you are right where the Lord would have you, and I will be praying for you, my friend!

Anna said...

Love the verse Kathy put up...I've been praying for you, Janna. I struggle with my 'mom moments' plenty, and I don't have NEAR what you have on your plate! :) So as far as a cure...hmmm. Maybe 3 days of solid sleep would help? ;) Seriously, I would love to take the kids off your hands for a day!! I really mean that--let's plan on sometime soon!

*big hug* ..praying that the rest of your week goes smoother. ;)