Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Some Marissa Party Pics

We began with some pumpkin carving in the basement--believe it or not a first for our family! Followed by a soup supper--my mother-in-law's Chili, my mom's Chicken Enchilada, and my Baked Potato, cornbread, my sister's 7 Layer Salad, carmel apples, and apple cider. (Have I ever mentioned how much I love fall foods and flavors . . . ?) ;o)
Marissa opened her gifts, some roller blades, a book on woodworking, the first "Betsy-Tacy" book, a hula hoop, and a matching blue shirt, socks, and headband. An interesting combination of items for an interesting girl. :o) We then had pumpkin pie--at her request--with trick candles, unfortunately, the trick candles were ummm, "trickless." We lit them up again, waited the required amount of time, but still, no tricks.

And then we lit up the pumpkins. Jackson was in his glory, Emmett a bit frightened. The basement still has the delightful (?) smell of raw pumpkin lingering in the air.
A very fun evening. And now for a day of recovery. Thankfully the house is all clean (except for my room of course . . . the room where the door had to remain shut . . .) ;o) We officially are relishing in the 2-4-6-8 ages of our kids--it makes it so easy for Josh--and the last party of the year is complete. Now to get ready for this little fellow . . . Just somewhere in the vicinity of eight more weeks!




3 comments:

Anna said...

Love the pictures! What a fun idea for a Fall bday party--happy bday, sweet girl!! And Janna, can't believe you only have 8 weeks left--so soon! :)

Mom said...

Thanks for a nice evening. Can't believe I have an 8 year old grand-daughter!

Kathy said...

LOVELY party! I put the same 'trick candles' in Luke's birthday donut this morning and they were a total dud! I think we got ripped off. ;)