Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Happenings around the Home

Consider this a "public service announcement" ;o)

Here are two awesome pumpkin recipes, one for frosted pumpkin cupcakes, the other for the pumpkin donuts I made for Marissa's birthday last week. They are both delicious. I think I have made something with pumpkin in it nearly every week since discovering that pumpkin was back in the store. And right now, I kid you not, I have my pick of leftover pumpkin pie, the pumpkin cupcakes, and sweet/spicy pumpkin seeds to snack on. Life is good. And pumpkin is healthy for you right? (You'll all understand if this baby has a slight orange-ish tint. And weighs 12 lbs.) ;o)

Hob.by Lob.by has tons of fall decorations 50% off and Mich.aels has pretty much all their fall garlands 60% off and the "fall stems" 70%. So, if you haven't had a chance to decorate, there are some good sales right now. I got some pretty earth tone pip berry sprays for a mere $0.59 a piece. That's affordable decorating. ;o) Also, stay tuned, but my favorite craft fair is coming up--the one at St. Mar.k's--it usually is the first or second week in November. If you've never been to a craft fair, you must go. If you like primitives, you must go. They have other things too, but I especially love to see what other people make in the prim decor style and then see if I can replicate it. And speaking of primitives, this weekend I discovered a whole bunch of blogs dedicated to prim decorating and have had some fun following links to see how people make their own stuff, arrange it, etc. Like this or this.

There is a habitat of "super worms" in my garage (think bigger meal worms). Josh thought it would be fun to raise them and watch their metamorphosis into beetles. I'm thinking watching caterpillars change to butterflies might be a bit more palatable. Having grown up on a farm, all I can think is maggots, really big maggots. If you need some of your own they can be purchased fairly cheaply at your nearest Pet.co.

I have a plan to de-missionize (this is a word of my own making, I'll explain more later) my bedroom set. It's going to require Josh's assistance and a bit of time, but in the end I think it will look pretty cool--and black. ;o) I also have a few dumpster finds to get started on. Would you believe I found a sturdy train table laying next to the trash last week? The top needs a bit of tlc, but it can easily be swapped out for a piece of smooth plywood cut to size. I've wanted to get them one, but usually we're looking somewhere in the $80-$100 range. And I found one for free! Yippee!

The due date is officially eight weeks away--and for your information--Christmas just a few days beyond that. I'm definitely feeling the time crunch. September and October have FLOWN by, and I'm pretty sure November will too. That seems to be the way it goes, the busier you are. I have quite a lot of stuff to get done in the next month. I finally bought one outfit for the little guy. (I discovered the Osh.kosh outlet has a whole bunch of "woodland" themed infant boy clothes . . . I love when I can extend the theme to everything). ;o) But I need to start stocking up in all departments, meal freezing, baby supplies, household supplies . . . I want to be prepared for my hermitage . . . or as someone more sweetly named it "baby-moon" you know kind of like a honeymoon only it involves staying at home and falling in love/getting to know your new little one.

Okay, I am done rambling for this morning. Hope everyone has a great start to the week! ;o)

1 comment:

Anna said...

Yay for the free train table, that's great!! Loved those cute blogs you share, your primitive style is SO cute--can't wait to see the bed! Praying that these last 8 weeks go smoothly and you're able to get some rest in the midst of all the busy-ness. :)