Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A few Pics from the Big Day

We began with a birthday breakfast of frosted pumpkin donuts. And they were really good. ;o) Marissa and I each opened our presents, a cool rock tumbler for her (which will be running in our garage for the next TWO weeks!) and my first ipod-ish type of technology which I am really looking forward to using. Josh thought it would come in handy when I begin the attempt of reminding my body what it looks like sans growing baby. Perhaps it will make treadmill time more palatable? ;o)
Me at thirty, the belly at thirty-one (weeks). ;o)
We then headed for Omaha. We were planning on a picnic at Mah.oney State Park, but last minute decided to make for the zoo. We packed a picnic and spent a few hours there. Which, to be perfectly honest was about all the walking I could handle. The weather was BEAUTIFUL. I couldn't have asked for a more gorgeous day. We made it through the rain forest--one of my main reasons for wanting to go there, since we are studying it right now for school. Marissa was delighted to see an arapaima fish, a really big fish we had learned about, and also informed Josh and I about the snorkeling techniques of tapirs. ;o) Oh, to have a brain that could still absorb and remember everything . . . I enjoyed the foliage, the sunshine, and the beautiful blue skies that graced the day.
We then came home, rested up a bit and used our Re.d Rob.in "birthday burger" coupons for supper. Next on the list, a bonfire at his parents and s'more roasting . . . Or so I thought . . .
I was completely shocked to discover a houseful of people at Josh's parents house waiting to surprise me! Unfortunately, I have no pictures to share--although I think there are some on my mother-in-law's camera. I am so incredibly humbled by the work that went into pulling this off and that so many people would even show up and make my day so special. What a lovely evening with lovely company. Thank you to everyone who sent me such sweet well-wishes. You all have truly made my 30th a day I will never forget. I am so very blessed.
And now, back to reality--the only thing that could have made yesterday better was if the cleaning and laundry fairies had showed up and gotten about their business. Alas, that was not the case. ;o) It's pretty scary here right now.
Yesterday was definitely a treasure of a day--thank you to everyone who shared a part, big or small.




3 comments:

Nicole said...

Janna, I just had to tell you that you and your belly look absolutely adorable! I hope I look as good as you in 12 weeks :) So glad to hear you had such a wonderful 30th birthday!
~Nicole Morse

Kathy said...

What a great day!! The donuts looks delish!!

Anna said...

*gasp* ..those donuts do look amazing! What a fun day. Happy birthdays to both of you! :)