Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fevers, Valances, and Art

I'm home tonight with my boys--a rare occurrence on a Wednesday evening. Jackson woke up from his nap today with a fever. He complained of a need to throw up--which he didn't--and also was rather concerned about throwing up on the new carpet at Cubbies. ;o) I decided it was probably better he remained home tonight, 'cause he's right, we wouldn't want to christen that new carpet already. ;o) He seems okay though, fever came down on its own, so we'll see what becomes of this. (Hopefully something minor . . .) Although I must admit to welcoming a quiet evening at home. Wednesday evenings have a tendency to do me in and I am thankful for a reprieve tonight. And Josh is even working it out that he will pick the girls up from church after he gets off of work, so I don't have to go back for them. Woohoo!

I sewed up some valances for my dining room, and while the picture is rather boring, I am rather excited that the whole window treatment cost me about $13 (and that's throwing in the Twix candy bar I got with the rods . . .). ;o) They are made out of a simple homespun fabric found at Hob.by Lob.by for 30% off, and the rods are those cheapy white metal ones, but since they're covered up entirely, I could really care less what they are. While they may not be an elite window covering, they fit my decorating style and add a bit of warmth to the dining room area. I found something similar online and they were asking $21.50 per valance, and I would have needed three for sure. That's some good savings. ;o) And these are very much made in a not-perfectionist style, I LEFT the SELVAGE edges--didn't even finish them off, and I measured and stitched quickly, causing some areas to not be straight. But once you get them all scrunched up there, you really can't tell. It's a very unfussy, quick project if you have some naked windows somewhere in your house.

Among other news Isabella drew a rather interesting picture of Adam and Eve in her Bible Notebook today. Let's just say everyone is anatomically correct. Every time I see it I burst out laughing again. Which is probably a terrible thing for a mother to admit, but it's true. I think Josh might be right, sometimes it IS the quiet ones you have to watch out for. ;o)

That about sums up today. And now to finish enjoying my quiet evening. ;o)

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Cracking up on your Adam and Eve drawing project! What a riot! Evan is drawing his tomorrow. We'll see what he comes up with. ;)

Kathy said...

Oh.....and sure hope the sickness is mild and short lived!!!

Anna said...

You go, girl! You're workin hard, cranking out those projects. Love the curtains. And LOL at the drawing! I've been concerned about Cami's circular sleeves that she draws on stick people..they look too much like anatomy. :) Hope Jackson is completely well soon, we missed you last night at orchestra!