Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Brrrr . . .

So, October's been rather chilly. And today is one of those days that all I can think about is lighting candles, sipping tea, and eating soup. Unfortunately, soup isn't on the menu today. However, cranberry pork chops is (and mashed potatoes . . . yum!), and this recipe is probably in my top five of favorites. It cooks up in a crock pot, the pork chops are always tender-fall-apart, the gravy delicious.
I don't really have a whole lot of interesting things to report. I've been messing around with little corner in my kitchen, enjoying my gourd bounty from the pumpkin patch, savoring a new Yan.kee candle called "Frosted Pumpkin." They had a buy-one-get-one-free coupon, which really is the only way to acquire these candles. ($25 for the large size!!! Eeek!) So, I'm set for the fall, and I also have "Mulling Spices" for when the Christmas season gets closer. My favorite past-time currently is sitting. I've been trying to work that into the day a bit more. ;o) That doesn't really agree with the job of household management though. Consequently, I've got some messes . . . But I need to adjust my expectations at this point. I think the days of bopping from one task to the next may be over for awhile. Instead my goals must be broken up with periods of recovery. I have to accept that. While these next ten weeks in many ways can't go by quickly enough, at the same time I need to get all I can out of them because they WILL go too fast. I'm in list-making mode, beginning the task of planning out winter book lists, crafts, fun ways to make Christmas special, Christmas presents . . . And then there's the baby stuff! I'm more than determined to be ultra-organized as we combine the busiest time of the year with the busiest time in a family. And I must say, the cold weather of today, IS rather inspiring. ;o) But enough "talking" (and sitting), off for the "doing."

3 comments:

Anna said...

Love this posting! Beautiful picture, and the cranberry pork chops sound amazing..how do you make it? ..praying for you this last phase of your pregnancy...can't wait to meet your littlest guy!! :)

Anna said...

..I see the link now, thanks Janna! Will be a great crock pot recipe to try.

Kathy said...

LOVE the gourds--did you get those at the pumpkin patch? So cozy and fallish with your candle burning. And as hard as it is sometimes to sit and let the jobs wait--that's the best thing you can do!! Need to stay strong and healthy for the weeks ahead. :)