Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Grapevine Obsession

I came to the realization this week that I have some serious dead twig love. If you have no idea what grapevine is, you just don't know what you are missing. Pretty much any area that looks empty, stick some form of grapevine there, and I think, you're good to go. ;o) Grapevine comes in:
Wreath form,
Lighted ball form, Garland form,
Basket form,
More Wreath form,
Big Ball form,
and not pictured Bee Skep form
And more Garland form,
oh and a glimpse of Pumpkin form
I'm trying to think if I missed anything . . .
I seriously own no less than ten grapevine wreaths--in a variety of sizes--I have the garland unraveled across my tv armoire, my kitchen cupboards, and stuffed into an old window box with faux bittersweet stuff. Then there's the balls, the baskets . . . And it's not like I went out and loaded up my cart with grapevine, but it's a 50% off sale at Hob.by Lob.by that I can always count on. Over the years I guess I've collected a lot of it. It has always drawn me in. So there you have it, my decorating theme . . . dead sticks, everywhere you look, there they are. They're cheap and I love them. And while I am confessing personality quirks, I put up all my fall decorations the last week of July. Seriously. I love fall-- perhaps even more than I love grapevine . . . ;o)

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love grapevine too! Looks good, Janna. I may have to consider decorating for fall in July...makes sense!

Anna said...

You are too funny! Love how you put your Fall stuff out so early...your house looks beautiful!! The grapevine theme is a good one. :)

Kathy said...

LOVIN it! I'm thinking I need to pull out my fall decor this weekend.....afterall, I have a neat new picture to display this year. ;)