Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Confessions of a Pregnant Person

Last night, certain it had to be 10, 11 or 12 pm I went to bed. Josh came in about 15 minutes later because he wanted me to come check out the shelves he had built in the garage. I crawled back out of bed and happened to glance at the clock to discover it was just 9:03.

My legs seriously burn after climbing the stairs. With laundry in the basement, living areas main floor, bedrooms upstairs, there is a lot of stair climbing worked into my day. Consequently, a lot of leg burning.

I count the stair climbing as exercise.

And it's all the workout this body is currently seeing.

After carrying up a basket of clean laundry (two flight of stairs) and then carrying the dirty laundry down the first flight I have now resorted to kicking--I mean gently encouraging with my foot--the aforementioned basket of dirty laundry, sending it careening down the basement steps like an out-of-control toboggan.

Disturbingly enough, as I watch the basket crash and the clothes scatter, I find myself rather delighted.

In an attempt to finally finish up the last of the laundry I threw in a white sheet, a red towel, random white socks, a pair of jeans, and a few shirts, breaking nearly every laundry rule in existence. And nothing is pink, so there. ;o)

Yesterday, I shaved my legs for the first time in around two weeks. It made me reminisce good ol' high school when I shaved them about once a day. Along with the daily leg shaving, I used to change my nail polish nearly nightly to match the next days' outfit . . . Those were the days . . . My fingernails haven't seen polish in over a year I'm sure, and my toes get updated maybe every 4-6 weeks. At least I'm still kind-of-sort-of putting forth an effort. I do continue to brush my teeth daily. (Go me!) Oh, and shower too! ;o)

"Graceful" is unfortunately not an accurate adjective in describing anything I do. (Did anybody happen to hear a solo cymbal crash at the beginning of one of the songs at church this past Sunday? Yep, that was me--I got my mallet hung up amidst the windchimes/suspended cymbal/bell tree area). Maybe "elephantine" "clumsy" "fumbly" "weeble-ish" would be better words?

So, there you have it, a few of my deepest and darkest secrets. Enjoy. ;o)

3 comments:

Anna said...

I am laughing so hard over this! Especially the laundry tobaggan, that is hilarious..you and I are so much alike. Glad nothing is pink! :)

Kathy said...

Well, I'll tell you this.....ya got "CUTE" goin for you....and shaved legs never hurt a girl either. :) And for the record, I didn't hear your cymbal solo on Sunday. :)

Tiffany said...

HA! I can just picture you sticking your tongue out at the laundry after you said, "So there!" Heehee