Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11--where were you?

I was 8 months pregnant with Marissa, wearing a red maternity t-shirt, at home watching Go.od Mor.ning America before heading to our women's Bible study at church. I tuned in to see the first tower with smoke coming out of it, and reporters talking that a plane had hit the building. And then I watched in shock as another plane flew in and hit the other one. The realization came swiftly to those on the television and to myself that this just wasn't some random and isolated event. For the next few days I was basically glued to the television. What were you doing?

3 comments:

Anna said...

I had just flown home from Nebraska to our Phx apartment the day before and got a call from my MIL early in the morning...a hugely sad thing. Even the bad things these days remind me of God's sovereignty. So thankful for that.

Mike and Kirsten said...

I was living in Des Moines and just got to my work that morning. Everyone was in the lunch room glued to the TV. I called my parents immediately that morning and told them I loved them.

Brooke said...

I was living at home, as I got ready for work (B&N) the phone rang...Jon Lyons saying that he had to postpone Max's guitar lesson and "had I seen the news?". I went into my parents room and turned on the TV...in time to see the second plane hit...sat glued until I had to get to work...then at work we pulled a TV out to the customer service counter and watched all day. So sad.