Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Song

Complete in Thee
Complete in Thee, no work of mine
may take dear Lord the place of Thine.
Thy blood hath pardon bought for me,
and I shall stand complete in Thee.
Yea justified, oh blessed thought!
And sanctified salvation wrought!
Thy blood hath pardon bought for me,
and glorified I, too, shall be.
Complete in Thee each want supplied
and no good thing to me denied;
Since Thou my portion, Lord will be
I ask no more, complete in Thee.
Yea justified, oh blessed thought!
And sanctified salvation wrought!
Thy blood hath pardon bought for me,
and glorified I, too, shall be.
Dear Savior when, before Thy bar,
all tribes and tongues assembled are,
among Thy chosen will I be,
At Thy right hand, complete in Thee.
Yea justified, oh blessed thought!
And sanctified salvation wrought!
Thy blood hath pardon bought for me,
and glorified I, too, shall be.
(We sang this--for I believe--the first time in church this past Sunday, and I have been humming it ever since. What a beautiful hymn, words and melody. I'm especially loving that second verse.)

3 comments:

Anna said...

LOVE this song too..what a beautiful encouraging hymn, awesome words...thanks for sharing!

Kathy said...

Humming along with you and praising the Lord for the truth of these words!!!

Tiffany said...

Love it, Janna. I just finished my morning devotion about how we have peace because we have direct access to God because of Christ's work on the cross...making us "complete"!