Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday

Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth
~State Fair "Fare"~
This week's theme was "no theme" so I decided to go the "State Fair" route, which will be in town quite soon.

What we ate:

Mini Corn Dogs, Cotton Candy Flavored Dip'n Dots, Lemonade, "Blue Ribbon Veggies"
Carmel Apple Bites, and Funnel Cake

No, it was not the healthiest of meals--but it WAS fun. ;o) The Dip'n Dots or "ice cream balls" as Jackson liked to call them were a big hit--the kids have never had them before (W.al-M.art is where I bought these) and the funnel cake turned out okay. I've never made it, and honestly I'm not sure if I've actually eaten one. I always go for the carmel apples when I'm picking a treat. But I'm including a link for the recipe in case anyone is interested--or if you have a recipe for funnel cake that is awesome, let me know. I can tell you this--don't use canola oil for frying, it won't work as well as vegetable oil (unless you like the black-on-the-outside-uncooked-on-the-inside taste). ;o) Fortunately for me it is a mistake I made in the past, so everything was smooth sailing for the frying session today. They left the table with full tummies, and the blue ribbons stuck to their shirts for being some "first place kids." ;o)

16 comments:

PisecoMom said...

Wow, what an awesome theme! Our state fair starts soon... I might have to whip up my own version of State Fair Fare! :D

Anna said...

Love this, super cute! I'm very impressed with your adorable funnel cakes--way to go! Thanks for the pretty pic

Jennifer said...

YUM! Fair food! I'm completely stealing that idea so I can make extras for me.

Michelle said...

What a fun theme and muffin tin lunch...I bet everyone really enjoyed it. Funnel cakes sound so good to me!!

The Allen Family said...

What a super fun theme! And funnel cakes? Yum yum!

{ L } said...

State Fair is a FUN IDEA! It makes the food much more delicious to have a creative thing.

Andrea (ace1028) said...

GREAT idea. Love the theme, and I'm all over the funnel cakes!

Susana said...

Your theme idea is so fun!

LOVE the dippin' dots!!

The Mumpowers said...

Fabulous idea! Love the blue ribbon. :)

BranFlakes said...

very cute theme! ummmmmm...I want funnel cakes now!

Kathy said...

Blue ribbon for your creativity and work! Love how you rename the basic veggies to make them seem a bit more fun! :)

I did muffin tin Monday but was WAY more basic.....like what we usually eat for lunch just served in muffin tins. Which, for some reason made it seem more exciting and got lots of smiles and positive comments.

Michelle said...

LOVE the fair theme! We never eat fair food so this would be fun to do at home (homemade!). Great job!

Tiffany said...

I love this idea, Janna. Do you come up with your themes yourself? Oh, and I had to go to Omaha to get the supplies (there's a teacher's store at 170 & Harrison behind Runza)

Cindy said...

FUN!! It's been awhile since we did a muffin tin lunch. Looks like I have a great idea now!

Cindy
http://OurJourneyWestward.com
http://ShiningDawnBooks.com

Nicole Morse said...

That looks like so much fun, and so yummy! I would have loved to join you for lunch yesterday :o)

Lisa said...

Man my kids would love you so much more. What a great idea. We love to make funnel cake and eat it around the camp fire out back!! Thanks for visiting my blog :0)